Deposit Historical Society

This is the official website of the
Deposit Historical Society.
© Copyright The Deposit Historical Society 2005. All rights reserved.
Comments to:DHS Webmaster

Home PageAbout UsDeposit History
Museum History
Deposit Today
Old Photos
Exhibits
Upcoming Events
Publications
Newsletters
Membership Information
Directions





Old Photographs

---- Click on any image or title to see an enlarged view ----

Erie Railroad Yard

These cars are all lined in the old Erie railroad yard on Front Street. Note the Loomis House and the Latimer house in the background. The year and the photographer are unknown.
Thomas Burrows Store

The Thomas Burrows store was located on the corner of Main St. and Pine St. Photograph is by H. H. Wood.

Addison J. Wheeler house

The Addison J. Wheeler house was built circa 1830 and is located on Pine St.

Village of Deposit The village of Deposit as seen from Oquaga Lake Road. The year is unknown. Photograph by Krumm.
Vail Block The Vail block at 77 Front Street around 1890. Note the unpaved street and the wallpaper samples in the window.  The photographer is unknown.
James Daily House The James Dailey house on Church Street was built in 1872 and has undergone extensive  renovations since this photograph was taken. Date unknown. Photograph by H. H. Wood
Brown's Drug Store Brown's Drug Store on Front Street decorated for a firemen's convention around 1900.  The building was built in 1888. The photographer is unknown.
 Fireman's Convention Front street decorated for a firemen's convention in June 1900.  Note the portable bandstand behind the arch.  Photographer is A. P. Davis.
Outing Publishing Company The Outing Publishing Company printing plant was located on Second Street where the  Deposit Central School is now. The building burned in 1937. The photographer is unknown.
Borden's Milk Condensery Borden's Milk Condensery, built in 1894, burned down in 1995.  All that remains is the tall brick chimney visible from exit 83.  The photographer is unknown.
Back to top......